Halloween, 2009

>> Monday, November 02, 2009




Every year we make sure we get at least a couple of pumpkins and I carve them. This year we got just one big one. As usual I procrastinate and I started carving this around 6:00 p.m. on Halloween. I wanted to be done before it got dark and children started coming for trick or treating. Luckily I finished in 15 minutes. Not bad eh? Not bad at all..... I used one of those pumpkin carving tools - serrated knife. It is so handy. The pumpkin looked pretty good. I ended up using one of those battery operated tea lights inside the pumpkin. That worked out great and is such a safe alternative to real tea light candles.

Also this year I ended up making a Halloween costume for my 2 year old son. I started out with a 20"x24" blue cardstock.


I cut two rectangles out as you can see. Next I printed out the word "CRAYON" in green and cut it out and glued it on one of the rectangles which becomes the front of the costume. Next I used a hole punch to punch out holes for the shoulder straps. I used green strings from an old gift bag for shoulder straps.


Then I cut out a semicircle and made the hat for crayon top by stapling the ends together. Again hole punched the sides of the hat for the ties. Yes I used the brown strings from another shopping bag.



It worked out perfectly. It hardly took any time and was so easy to make. My son looked so adorable in his costume and everybody seemed to love it. This costume can easily be changed to either different color or different words like "PENCIL" etc. It's very versatile and easy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Footer

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP